PFA SPECIAL EVENT!
Information Session: How Parents Can Best Support Students With Their Learning
The PFA will be running a series of presentations that focus on promoting ongoing mental health and wellbeing. This first session is designed to help parents understand how best to help their student maximise their potential including,
- Identifying and Focusing on the strengths of your student
- Supporting your student’s wellbeing, particularly in times of stress.
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence in your student
- Understanding the Adolescent Brain and how it develops
Parents and students (Years 9-12) are invited to attend this session together and listen to health professionals discuss the statement: What I wish my parents knew about my mental health when I was at school.
This event will be supported by members of the Nossal alumni including Jagesh Panchal (Founder of Shakthi Mental Health), Naveen Jagadeesan (Old Nossalonian) and Irene Martin Provisional Psychologist will be available to respond to how to support their students.
Date: Wednesday 29 March 2023 Time: 7.00pm start (expected to be 40 minutes in length) with Q&A session Where: Nossal High School, Jean Russell centre (tbc)
Registrations are now open and will close on Tuesday 28 March 2023.
About our panel of speakers:
Shakti Mental Health: website: https://www.shaktimentalhealth.com/
Irene Martin: I graduated from Nossal in 2015. I'm a Provisional Psychologist currently completing a combined Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology and PhD at Monash University. I work at a private practice (Life Psychology Centre) with children, adolescents, and their families.
Irene’s formal qualification list is: B.Sc. (Psychology) GDipProfPsych, Assoc MAPS
Naveen Jagadeesan: I graduated from Nossal in 2021. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology at the University of Melbourne. I work as a disability support worker and involved with Shakti Mental Health as a discussion facilitator for their regular Men’s Mental Health Roundtable Groups. My relevant qualifications are B.A (Psychology, currently undertaking), Cert IV in Disability, Mental Health First Aid
New PFA Exec Members
After our 2023 AGM on Wednesday 1 March, we would like to welcome our new 2023 Committee:
- President – Shankar Ramadas
- Vice President and Communications Officer - Sarath Purushothaman
- Secretary – Fu-Wing Lam
- Treasurer - Pavitra Atre
- Roles Beyond the Executive:
- Uniform Shop – Jodie Cole
Remember all Nossal community members are welcome to attend our monthly meetings!
Get Your Entertainment Membership Today!
Entertainment memberships are a win for you and a win for the school! You get a full year of fabulous free stuff and discounts and the PFA raises funds to support the school.
Memberships are all online now, so no need to carry a bulky book around, you always have the offers right there on your phone!
Get your Entertainment membership now and get an extra two months FREE!
Would you like to
- learn how the PFA operates?
- find out about upcoming events?
- see how you can become involved in activities?
Join us at our next meeting on Wednesday 1 March at 7.00pm! Jean Russell Centre, Nossal High School
The PFA's Goals
- Promote friendship and support within the Nossal Community through social activities
- Provide a forum for communication amongst the Nossal community
- Help raise funds to support school programs
- Liaise with the school council and Leadership Team
- Support the teaching staff
Visit www.nossalhs.vic.edu.au/parent-portal/nossal-parents-and-friends-association-npfa/ for more information
Vice President PFA & Nossal PFA Communications Officer