Celebrating Harmony Day at LNPS
On Friday the 19th of March LNPS celebrated Harmony Day. At Lockleys North we love to celebrate our cultural diversity and promote and encourage inclusiveness, mutual respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.
We all wore orange to show that we value diversity. Jack Buckskin and dances from Kamu Kaaru joined us in our celebrations. Jack welcomed us to country through song, showed us how to play the didgeridoo and how to move like a brolga and kangaroo.
In the afternoon we connected with our buddy class to participate in a Harmony Day activity. Some of the activities were:
- Playing Indigenous games
- Making connections with our cultural heritage
- Discussing what makes Australia special
- Making a Harmony Day Tree
- Collaborative art projects
- Making friendship bands
- Reading stories and singing songs
Just to name a few.....