2020 INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
Instrumental music lessons will continue in Term 1 2020. Application forms can be obtained from the school office.
Why learn a musical instrument?
With so many different instruments to choose from, learning a musical instrument is fun and enjoyable, and more importantly it can significantly improve the development of social, emotional and academic abilities. Here are just some of the benefits of learning a musical instrument:
- Promotes time management and organisational skills
- Increases memory capacity
- Enhances coordination
- Improves Mathematical ability and language performance
- Improves reading and comprehension skills
- Promotes resilience and perseverance
- Improves your concentration and listening skills
- Provides a sense of achievement
- Promotes social skills
Lessons are of thirty minutes duration and will rotate weekly so that there are minimal disruptions to the student’s scheduled class time.
The instrumental music lessons that will be offered are: Guitar, Keyboard.
Musical instruments may also subsequently be purchased at a special discounted school rate and payment instalments can be arranged for this.
To enrol in the Instrumental Music Program, parents should complete an ‘Instrumental Music Enrolment Form’, sign a copy of the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and hand this in to the School Office. An invoice will be sent out the first week of term and payment is STRICTLY due within 14 days. Parents will also be notified of the scheduled time and day of the instrumental lesson.
Students of families who have arrears with their current school fees are not permitted to participate in the Instrumental Music Program.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2020
The cost of Instrumental Music Lessons at Sacred Heart Primary School is less than the minimum fee recommended by the Victorian Music Teachers’ Association (VMTA). For 2020 the fees are:
$30.00 (Per Private Lesson) or $20.00 (Per Group Lesson)
Fees are invoiced on a per term basis and are payable in advance. Invoices are sent out in week one of each term. Payment can be made via internet transfer, Cash or cheque and can be left at the School Office.
- All students enrolled in the Sacred Heart Primary School Instrumental Music Program are committed to a full term of weekly lessons. If a student wishes to discontinue lessons, then written notice, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org is required two weeks prior to the end of the school term.
- If written notice of cancellation is not presented, the Music Coordinator will presume students will continue learning for a FULL YEAR under the same agreement as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- In the event that the Instrumental Instructor is absent for a scheduled lesson then this lesson will be rescheduled and students will be notified of the time and date of the rescheduled lesson.
- If a student is going to be absent from school due to a SCHOOL APPROVED ACTIVITY, it is the responsibility of the student’s parents to inform the Instrumental Music Instructor. When possible, the Instrumental Music Instructor will endeavor to reschedule the lesson at another time providing 48 hours’ notice is sent to email@example.com
- In the event that a student is absent due to illness on the day of a lesson, the lesson will still be payable, and cannot be re-scheduled.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.