Mr. Tristan Lanarus
Dear Westall Secondary College Community,
Well, what a year 2020 has turned out to be. Who would have predicted the situation we are now in with the Corona Virus?
As per all the communications I have been sending and will continue to send, we are closely following the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and the instructions of the Education Department and Government.
What we are doing and is within our control:
Whilst school remains open:
- Monitoring and maintaining supplies of soap, sanitizer and toilet paper (we have a plentiful supply and no shortage).
- Increasing cleaning schedules and checks.
- Speaking regularly with all staff and students regards the situation.
- Posters placed around the school in relation to good hygiene practices and reducing risks of coronavirus.
- Preparing for the possibility of school continuing remotely.
On this note, staff have spent the last 2-3 years moving to an online environment anyway, so we are very well placed to deal with this scenario. I have asked all staff to check and review to ensure curriculum materials and learning tasks are all available and will be available to students via compass. This will allow learning to continue as best as is possible in the event of a forced school closure.
I do seek your support with the following. As per some of my previous communication to you, please ensure to the best of your ability:
- Both you and your children can access compass and that your login and password works.
- That your child has internet access at home and access to a device (laptop/tablet or other).
- That your child has access to the Oxford Digital textbook bundle (for Years 7-10) and Edrolo (for Years 11-12).
To access the Oxford bundle – go to www.oxforddigital.com.au
- Username – student school email
- Password – Oxford123 (with capital O)
On Wednesday, 18th March, we ran a School Council Meeting merged with our Annual General Meeting to table the 2019 Annual Report for our school.
The Annual Report is attached to this newsletter.
Stay safe, stay calm, be kind and look out for each other. We will all get through this.
At this point, our last day for Term 1 is Thursday, 26th March, with students scheduled to be dismissed at 3.15 pm.
Until next time.
Mr Tristan Lanarus