How to Enrol in a VET Course - 2020
(VET = Vocational Education & Training Courses)
Applying for a VET Course is an involved process and selection is NOT automatic. The process involves completing the “Application for Enrolment Form”, creating a USI no. online, completing a Literacy Learning & Numeracy Assessment online, adding the VET course to the student subjects for 2020, and attending an Interview with a SW TAFE Staff member. In addition there are substantial additional fees associated with enrolling in a VET Course that must be paid by the due date.
- STEP 1: Complete the Warrnambool College VET Course Enrolment Application for 2020 – by the Due Date Friday 31 August 2019.
- This form requires the student to create a USI No (Unique Student Identifier Number) and then fill this in on Page 1 of the VET Course Application Form. Instructions on how to create the USI No are on page 4 of the Application Form.
- Closing Date for this Form is Friday 31 August 2019.
- STEP 2: The school will complete a Pre-Training Review to assess if you are suitable to enrol in a VET Course.
- STEP 3: Students / Parents / Guardians attend the Warrnambool College Subject Expo. Week 4 of Term 3.
- STEP 4: Student completes their school subject selection online including a VET course. Students who have NOT completed the VET Enrolment Form (STEP 1) and therefore have NOT created a USI will NOT be able to select a VET Course at this stage. You will not have access to a VET course.
- STEP 5: Once a Student has successfully completed STEP 1 to 4. They will be notified by a letter and they will then need to complete the SW TAFE Literacy Learning and Numeracy Assessment – Online. The student will have 2 weeks to complete this task. If this is not completed the student will be withdrawn from VET.
- STEP 6: Successful students will be notified by the end of Term 3 of the Date of the VET Course Interviews to be conducted at SW TAFE. Students who do not attend the scheduled interviews will be withdrawn from VET.
- STEP 7: Students, Parents and Guardians will then be required to pay the VET Service fee as set out on the VET Course Application Form (STEP 1). VET Service Fee Due Date is Friday 20 September. (An Invoice will be sent out - $150:00). If you need to enter into a scheme of arrangement for payment this must be organised with the General office prior to Friday 20 September 2019.
The VET Service Fee is fully refundable if you withdraw from the program by Friday 14 February 2020. This especially applies to students who successfully obtain a School Based Apprenticeship or any student changing their subjects.
VET Courses Available for Enrolment in 2020: available to students in Years 10, 11 & 12
Automotive (Year 1) or (Year 2); Building and Construction (Year 1) or (Year 2); Digital Media & Technology (Year 1) or (Year 2); Hairdressing (Year 1); Hospitality (Year 1); Hospitality Kitchen Operations (Year 2); Retail Makeup (Year 1); Beauty (Year 2);
The following Courses are available to Students enrolled in Year 11 or Year 12 Only: Community Services (Year 1) or (Year 2); Electrotechnology, Electrical Industry (Year 1) or (Year 2); Community Services (Year 1) or (Year 2); VET Music (Year 1) or (Year 2);
NOTE: Competition for a VET course will be high. Follow the directions to ensure you secure a place !